Green Solutions | Clean is Green | MilliCare Green Clean | SaniGLAZE Sustainability | Dr. Schutz
Clean is Green
With the ongoing trend to make work spaces more environmentally friendly, or green, many decision makers are overlooking the obvious.† In their rush to install compact fluorescent light bulbs and recycle tin cans, they are forgetting about the basics.† Yes, energy conservation and recycling are both significant components in a sustainable future, but clean carpeting and odor-free ceramic tile bathrooms may be even more important.
Dozens of scientific studies have concluded that Indoor Environmental Quality, or IEQ, is the cornerstone of any meaningful green initiative.† Read on to see the U.S. EPA's recommendations.
An exhaustive report issued by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency concluded that:
- Indoor air is often more polluted than outdoor air, sometimes as much as 25% more polluted, and occasionally more than 100 times as much.
- Americans spend approximately 90% of their time indoors.
- Sick Building Syndrome - 30% of new & renovated buildings.
- Lost productivity traceable to air quality issues costs billions of dollars annually.
- Indoor air pollution is one of the top five public health risks.
The research confirms that keeping floor and wall surfaces in offices and restrooms makes those surfaces last longer, and thatís the very definition of sustainability, but far more importantly, clean floors and walls mean cleaner air, less harmful bacteria and a more favorable work environment. It adds up to higher levels of productivity, less sick time and increased levels of performance and profitability.
Commercial Floor Care has invested a great deal of time and research to offer customers a cost-effective one-stop solution for all their flooring and commercial cleaning needs.† Call Commercial Floor Care at 205-601-5013 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule a free analysis and price quote.